The main reason for the use of laser in the area of oral surgery and dentistry is the possibility to operate without damaging teeth and gum tissue. The use of lasers facilitates many dentistry treatments ( cavities, gum reconstruction ) creating comfort for patients at the same time.
Laser Use in Dentistry
1. Gummy Smile: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of gummy smile
2. Cold Sores: Laser treatments can be used for instant pay reducing procedures in the treatment and minimizing the healing time of cold sores
3. Gum Aesthetics: Lasers can erase the dark colors over gums. A gum peeling treatment of 2-3 procedures is an effective solution to the problem. It is a common problem among brunet patients. This is a treatment suitable for patients whose gum tissue shows a lot when smiling.
4. Laser treatments are commonly used in aesthetic dentistry as well.
5. Lasers facilitates the removal of cavities closer to the surface of gums. 6.Thanks to laser applications, the sensitivity after composite fillers is reduced. Disinfection of the area is another advantage of laser use, preventing future cavities in the area. It also strengthens the dental enamel.
7. Lasers are used combined with fluoride to prevent teeth sensibility
8. Teeth whitening procedures are mostly based on laser treatments
9. Lasers facilitate implants treatments