Water leakage from the ear is often a condition that is not taken seriously. However, it can cause serious damage unless attention is paid. The penetration of water into the inner part of the ear occurs consciously or unconsciously. If the water has not drained from the ear within a day or two, it can cause inflammation and damage to the eardrum.
Symptoms Felt in The Presence of Water in The Ear
- Ringing in the ears,
- Feeling of malaise,
- Problems in hearing function,
- Loss of balance,
What Should be Done in Cases of Water in The Ear?
The cerumen substance in the ear, colloquially known as earwax, prevents water from entering the ear. However, in some cases, water enters the inner parts of the ear with pressure and can damage the eardrum.If the water in the ear has not flowed out of the ear within a day or two, it is absolutely necessary to consult a specialist. There are many methods that can be done at home to remove the water in the ear.However, if these methods are not taken care of, they can cause more damage to the inside of the ear.For this reason, if symptoms such as pain, loss of hearing, and tickling towards the chin are felt in the ear, this is a sign of inflammation and you should definitely seek help from a specialist.
It can turn itself into inflammation in the future. The inflamed ear causes hearing loss and pain. People with ear conditions such as psoriasis and eczema are increasingly affected by water ingress.
What to do When Water Leaks Into The Ear
- Hot compress application,
- Chewing gum or Valsalva maneuver
- Stick to the ear, finger, etc. injuring the ear canal as a result of tampering with the ear by inserting objects,
- It is pushing the water in the ear further inside.
- Mixing the inside of the ear with a foreign body may cause bleeding and injury in the ear by piercing the eardrum of water.