Liposuction and Types
Liposuction is the removal of fat from certain parts of the body . In this process particular an injection the resorption used.
In this way, fats are absorbed and removed. Heat is applied for comfortable absorption and removal. Surgery is named according to the feature of this injection machine .
What are the Types of Liposuction ?
Generally, the purpose is the same. It is the removal of fats. There are small differences between them.
In this method, the tip of the injection used is slightly larger. For larger areas to be captured faster.
Fats taken with this method can be separated and injected back into the body. For example; Fats taken from the waist area can be transferred to the face , breast and hip areas.
The tip of the injection used is smaller. With the laser method, fat is melted.
The fats taken cannot be transferred to other parts of the body . Because the oil taken is in a very liquid form.
It is the same with Laser Liposuction . The only difference is that while fat is removed in this process, it is also in the stretching process .
In other words, there is no sagging or loosening in the area where fat is removed. Tight appearance is maintained.
Slim Liposuction ‘as used injection tip is very small. It is used for fat removal from small areas.
It is also used to shape small areas. For example, it can be used for the jowl area or cheeks.
The patient is examined by a doctor. The areas to be fat removed are marked by the doctor.
The medications used by the patient, if any, and their allergic reactions are asked. The patient is operated for 8 to 10 hours with fasting .
Is General Anesthesia necessary?
Yes, general anesthesia is more suitable for the comfort of the patient and the comfortable work of the doctor.
The duration of the operation varies according to the width of the area to be performed.
It also depends on whether it will be combined with other operations. It ranges from 1 to 3 hours on average.
How much fat can be removed during surgery ?
There is no fixed measure. It varies from person to person. The stated limit is between 4 and 5 kg.
Increased fat intake can upset the body’s fat-blood-fluid balance. The doctor discusses these situations with the patient before surgery. According to blood values, blood can be given as supplements.
The patient usually stays in the hospital for 1 night. It is sometimes appropriate to stay for 2 nights in combined operations. If necessary, a drain is attached to the patient after surgery.
This is to expel the dirty blood that will form inside. 3 to 5 days after the operation, the patient comes to the doctor for a final check. Resists, if any, are taken.
The necessary creams and medicines are given to the patient. A special corset is given to the patient to use.
This corset should be used for 2 to 4 weeks. There may be swelling and bruising in the operation area. These will pass within 10 days.
- Liposuction, never is not a weight loss surgery. It is a body shaping and correction surgery.
- It is recommended that the patient does not smoke. At least 2 weeks preoperatively, at least 3 weeks postoperatively.
- Late recovery and small scars have been observed in smoking patients.
- Corset use is important. Otherwise, a flat image will not occur in the area where fat is removed. It becomes a wavy image.
- No sports should be done for at least 1 month after the operation. Light sports can be done in the 2nd month. Heavy sports can be done after the 3rd month.
- Diet should not be done for 1 month after the procedure. Light diets can be started afterwards.
- The first results are visible 1 month after the procedure. Net results will appear after 6 months.
- The surgery should be done in hospital and by experienced doctors.